Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Strangeness of Art

I'm awake at 7am on a Saturday because my living room chairs are being delivered "bright and early," on the heels of my coffee table, end tables, and cute mini-dining room set. After these chairs arrive I will have acquired all essential furniture. Then I can start on phase two: storage of books and DVDs.

But during phase two I'll be considering...artwork. What to hang on my huge bare walls? I don't want to go and buy anonymous mass-produced prints simply because they're the right size and colour. I want to have things that MEAN something to me.

I'm looking forward to this puzzle, actually, because having something to hang above my couch isn't essential to my happiness, so it could take YEARS for me to find the right thing. Years of finally having a reason to buy the pieces produced by artist friends, I hope.

Oh, so many options!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Over the years I've been pieces that I like, rather than pieces that I have the space for or go with current decor. NOw that we're (finally) decorating, I can display them so it doesn't hurt to pick things up when you see them and store them :)

I miss having art on the walls!

Let me know when you want to come back to TO