Sunday, August 27, 2006

Lost at the CNE

Update: Some folks have had trouble viewing the video, which is good because it prompted me to try out YouTube. So now the WHOLE WORLD can be a witness!

Myself and "Super-Lucky Happy Team Daily Muffy Toronto" (Craig and Jason) spent yesterday at the Canadian National Exhibition. I had a simple goal: to dress up like a showgirl and walk through the entire huge fairground -- especially the petting zoo -- while Craig took pictures for the next "Daily Muffy" feature.

The whole story will be up there soon, but let me just say that it was an INCREDIBLE time. Not because of the exhibition itself, which has become a bit bland and corporate over the years, but because everybody thought we were part of the event. Even the STAFF assumed we were performers. And the children...well, let me just say that I WAS the exhibition for everybody under ten.

Yeah, I felt like a real exhibitionist. A crowd formed whenever we stopped moving. Pre-fabricated cows presented their udders for milking. Women demanded pictures. And the llama kissed me.

Many of the more surreal moments ocurred on the carousel. Like I said you'll just have to wait for the feature to commence. But here's a video to tide you over:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like fun!

Adam Thornton said...

Now that I've finally recovered I can honestly say: yes, it was!

Adam Thornton said...

Koko dear! I just have the one video there now. If I only had a video camera...

Anonymous said...

more Muffy on YouTube please!!