Sunday, September 14, 2008

New Facebook, Old Facebook...

(This is an "old lady rant" and only reflects my love of simplicity and brevity; if you're the kind of person who LOVES comet cursors and mile-long webpages, this post is not for you).

Wow! If you're concerned with the American and Canadian elections, forget that stuff! You SHOULD care about the new Facebook layout. Oh wow, what a tiny tizzy, and the amusing online activism of clicking "Join" in order to commit yourself to...err..."protest."

Okay, let me speak as though I were talking to the entire world. Give me my tiny, outdated blog soapbox: folks, Facebook has to change because you put too much CRAP on your page.

Really.

When you install a thousand applications on your page it takes forever to load...and when it DOES load it's an ugly mess. If you didn't put 1001 things on your page, I wouldn't need to spend an hour trying to find your "wall."

When Facebook was developed, I'm sure that nobody expected the taste-slaying appetite for more and more applications. You put that stuff on your page and then you totally forget about it. It loads quickly on YOUR computer because it's already cached...but when I need to load it it takes forever.

So suck up the new Facebook, sweetheart. If you REALLY want to know what kind of vampyre your friend is, click the "applications" button. The rest of us are only concerned with your email and your mini-feed...if that.

4 comments:

Lois said...

Hi Muffy!
I hope you and ZsaZsa are back "in the pink" as my Gram's used to say.
I agree with all of your comments about Facebook. I rarely go on it anymore because it's too slow and getting way too crowded when you do log in. They keep adding all that crap....Sigh.....
Anyway, that's my two cents worth.
Have a good week!
Lois

Adam Thornton said...

That's the beauty of the "new Facebook." You go to a person's page, and all it shows you is their latest news...no applications, no quizzes, no huge pictures. If you want to see that other stuff, you need to click on different tabs (THEN you can wait for your computer to download everything).

Zsa Zsa and I are both pink as can be, thanks! She's totally active but hasn't put on any weight. Whatever awfulness is happening to her organs doesn't appear to be affecting her joie de vivre.

Anonymous said...

The new facebook is ugly, but I do like the rest of what you say, so aesthetics be damned.

Adam Thornton said...

I agree, the New Facebook ain't exactly pretty.