Sunday, September 23, 2007

Because It's Saturday: Dalbello

Since I'm on a "Morgan James kick," I'm remembering all those things she recommended to me. She was fond of Dalbello's album "Whore," and while I love Dalbello's earlier work I never got around to picking it up.

Now I've got it, and it's incredible. This here is my personal favourite song: "Eleven."

When I was a kid, I remember my uncle complaining that "Dalbello used to be so PRETTY, and now she's SCARY!" Well, yes, and good for her. "Gonna Get Close To You" (her "I'm scary, so deal with it" song) is one I love to perform, but you've got to have the right sort of crowd. It's one of the most brilliant musical moments of the '80s...and she's from TORONTO, for goodness' sake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morgan James? She's so retro!

Adam Thornton said...

Is THAT what they call people like Morgan nowadays? :)