Tuesday, October 02, 2007

iTunes Word Search: "Cat"

In honour of all those who do NOT have noisy pets (and while my OWN pet waits eagerly for the last drop of milk in my cereal bowl), here are the "cat" songs that showed up on my iPod yesterday:
  1. Alley Cat Song (Holly Cole)
  2. Big Electric Cat (Adrian Belew)
  3. Boss Cat (Marc and the Mambas)
  4. Burn the Cat (James)
  5. Catnip Dream (Shonen Knife)
  6. Cat's Eyes (Guillemots)
  7. Catwalk (The Art of Noise)
  8. Cool for Cats (Squeeze)
  9. Facts About Cats (Timbuk 3)
  10. Faster Pussycat (The Cramps)
  11. Fat Cat (Bootsy Collins)
  12. I Call My Baby Pussycat (Parliament)
  13. Josie and the Pussycats (Josie & the Pussycats)
  14. Long Way Down -- Look What the Cat Drug In (Michael Penn)
  15. Macavity the Mystery Cat (Sarah Brightman)
  16. Pink Pussy Cat (Devo)
  17. Psychic Cat (Kelli Ali)
  18. The Pussy Cat Song (Connie Vannett)
  19. Pussycat Meow (Deee-Lite)
  20. Six Cats on a Dead Man's Chest (Edward Ka-Spel)
  21. Tommy the Cat (Primus)
  22. Top Cat (Ramasutra)
  23. What's New, Pussycat? (Tom Jones)
  24. Wildcat Days (Bryan Ferry)
As is to be expected, most of these songs are not about actual felines. They're about sexy women, scrappy people, sly people, cool people, and rich people. So I guess I'm keeping good company, and I'd really better give her the milk she's asking for.

No comments: