Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Song for 2007

Occasionally a dancefloor song comes along that sends me into complete rapture. I can't get enough of it. It gives me goosebumps, tingles, and dancey-feet.

2007's song is definitely Goldfrapp's "Ride a White Horse." It is a finely-crafted piece of music from start to finish; every sound is carefully constructed, every idea is fully-fleshed. I don't think that any song has ever made me feel so GOOD.

When it came time to make the video, however, somebody decided to subvert the track with ugly, grotesque visuals. Okay, I see the point, but I'd much rather have a video that actually does the song justice. And one with the original album mix ("You're so good, you're so good, you're so good...!")

But since wishes don't always come true I'm stuck with this horrorshow. If you squint your eyes and just listen to the music you might experience one fraction of the joy that I experience. This song is everything I love. Mwuah, Goldfrapp!

No comments: