Thursday, September 11, 2008

Today's Wonderful Old Lady Rant

I read a wonderful forum posting on the CBC News website this morning, so I'm posting it here. I don't disagree with this lady's sentiments, I just think it's the most hilariously stereotyped "old lady rant" I've ever read.
i'm an old lady and when i was young we didn't have gift cards or vouchers or whatever you call them. we had paper cards with a greeting on the front and some writing inside. now people need money on their cards! give me money, i want money. happy money birthday. happy money christmas. spend and be happy and spend and get more stuff. i'm glad i live in the country outside the city where life is simple and not full of bag-a-bean lumps who think they can spread joy with money.
You go, angry old lady!

If you wanted to invent a character called "angry old lady" and then have her write a letter to the editor, it would be exactly like this, and then people would get angry at you for making fun of their grandparents.

What the HELL is a "bag-a-bean lump?"

2 comments:

VanillaJ said...

Wow, I didn't think they were going to publish my comment, but I'm very please they did.

Adam Thornton said...

Next you have to write a letter telling children to GET THE HELL OFF YOUR LAWN!