Saturday, September 27, 2008

Brief Update

What have I done during my Blogging Holiday?

Well, I've been watching an awful lot of those olde-time English movies I've been curious about. Laurence Olivier's "Richard III" was fun for its hunchbacky-evilness and strange jello walls, whereas "Elizabeth" was most notable for the alien beauty of Cate Blanchett.

I also found that "Elizabeth" had strange Bollywood overtones, which is hardly surprising considering it was Shekhar Kapur's Big Western Hit. But some of us still remember him as the director of one of the greatest movies of all time: "Mr. India." (Click that link to read my review from long ago)

I've been preparing for tomorrow's trip to Toronto so I can perform on the same stage as Morgan James (and wish her well in her campaign for Empress of Toronto, for which she is even better qualified than Dame Sarah Palin). The bus ride will give me plenty of opportunity to read The Diary of Samuel Pepys, which is fascinating in so many ways. He sure liked his blue stockings and his nine pins!

I've been working my butt off. After our washing machine broke because of the uprush of raw sewage, I've been handwashing my clothing in the bathtub.

So yeah, mundane stuff that is too boring to tell anybody about. Which is why I decided not to mention any of it here.

Oops!

No comments: