- Honour thyself above all other drag queens; there is no other queen before thee.
- Honour thy RuPaul and Miss America.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's signature tune.
- Thou shalt not steal the show.
- Thou shalt not talk shit.
- Thou shalt not partake of illicit substances in the dressing room.
- Thou shalt not borrow thy neighbour's foundation, nor her hairpins, nor her jewellery.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness when holding a microphone.
- Thou shalt not take the name of the bar in vain.
- Thou shalt join the Imperial Court for thou art all for one, and that one is thyself.
Friday, July 06, 2007
The Drag Queen's Ten Commandments
"The Actor's Ten Commandments" (in The New Yorker, December 31, 1927) can easily be adapted to "The Drag Queen's Ten Commandments" with very little change: