Thursday, March 20, 2008

"I Can't Stand My Husband's Snoring Since We Bought an Electrolux"

The fake lady pictured in this advertisement -- apparently the wife of Rasputin -- has this to say:
Dear Sirs:

Can't yo do something to make our Electrolux just a little noisy? I can't sleep at night with everything in the apartment so terribly quiet--everything, that is, except my husband.

He snores.

When we used to own one of the old-fashioned mechanical refrigerators with things inside that rattled, I never minded his snoring. In fact, I couldn't hear it because the sound blended perfectly with the noise of the icebox machinery. I know the Electrolux has no machinery, but isn't there something I can do? I haven't slept soundly in weeks and I'm growing desperate.
This is part three in the "Electrolux Complaint" series of clever reverse advertisements. Homeowners -- represented by mannequins for some reason -- write in to complain that their Electrolux icebox is too quiet.

This, sadly, is not a problem for me, which is why I don't keep my fridge in my bedroom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This, sadly, is not a problem for me, which is why I don't keep my fridge in my bedroom.

Damn. You made me spew hot cocoa over the keyboard!

Adam Thornton said...

I think you'd better send me a letter: "Your selections from the New Yorker are destroying my keyboard!"