Sunday, March 02, 2008

Playing the Game Episode 7: "Wolf"

Shameless, happy self-promotion! Episode seven of the WebTV series "Playing the Game" is now online...and I'm in it! See for yourself (it's not R-rated, but you probably shouldn't watch it at work):



(For a much higher-quality version go here to the official site).

I think this turned out very, very well; the story is lots of fun, the narration is suitably chirpy, and Mitch's camerawork -- one long shot, for most of the episode -- shows not just his own skill but also the amount of work we put into "getting it right." And kudos to Delirium Clothing for the "Freedom Turkey" outfit that I'm sporting!

Yes, believe me, we did this over and over again. The first few takes I recall as being particularly sedate, but as we went along things got more frantic; I think this is from one of the middle takes, before we lost control and I knocked over the bar.

Even though it's a "silent" film, Steve Hutton did in fact record our mostly-improvised lines "for a DVD extra." Yikes!

3 comments:

Kimber said...

You are SO oboe! I love it!

Adam Thornton said...

Thanks Kim! The oboe will now be my patron instrument.

Anonymous said...

Q: What's the difference between an oboe and an onion?
A: Nobody cries when you chop up an oboe.
Q: How many oboists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: One. But by the time he gets done shaving the tip, you won't need it.
Q: What's the definition of a "half step"?
A: Two oboes playing in unison.
Q: What's the definition of a "major second?"
A: Two baroque oboes playing in unison.
Q: How do you get an oboist to play A flat?
A: Take the batteries out of his electronic tuner.