Sunday, February 24, 2008

Nightclubbing with Schnapps the Seal

I've taken a bit of a break from the lip-syncing domestic drag shows -- storyboarding them is a pain -- so on Saturday night I decided to do a relatively unplanned experiment: to make a "talkie" with multiple camera angles, starring Schnapps the seal who works for scale (fish).

Unfortunately my insane hair extensions took so long to apply (more on that later) that I didn't get a chance to film anything until I got back home at 1am, considerably inebriated and on the verge of drop-dead exhaustion.

That's my way of explaining what you're about to see...if you dare.

7 comments:

VanillaJ said...

Schnapps the Seal: This is a message from the Costa Rican Board of Travel & Tourism. Cease and desist! Any more slander about the safety of our fair country, and, well, you wouldn't want to meet us out on the ice...

Adam Thornton said...

Yes, well, the planning session for this was extremely short, which is why there are some surreal gaps in the narrative (I'm prompting Schnapps to "tell me all about it" before I've introduced what "it" is, for instance).

The reason I'm sitting on the pudding is because I didn't want it to be visible until I pulled it out, but I thought it would be indelicate and awkward to stand up or reach around for it someplace.

At the time, it being in my butt seemed like the best option. Most delicate. Hmmm.

As for Costa Rica, be happy that your very own trip inspired the choice of Schnapps' destination!

Anonymous said...

has the drunk youtube posting replaced the drunk phone calls of yesteryear?

Adam Thornton said...

The curse of the drunk YouTube video is that it's public and it's chronic!

I have been bitten by the inebriated, post-bar, video inspiration bug, and nobody -- NOBODY -- will ever see those clips.

Anonymous said...

The best part of that video (and there were many) was trying to explain what I was watching to my daughter.

She loved the hair.

Adam Thornton said...

I vividly remember, as a child, seeing totally baffling things that I just could not hammer into any sort of reality. I like to think that those influences turned me into the person I am today.

Obviously my future is in children's television, at least if I keep wearing those hair extensions! I'd loan them to your daughter but they'd probably trip her at every step.

Oh, muk-luk-luk-luk-luk.

Anonymous said...

Obviously my future is in children's television,

After watching that, I wouldn't disagree. :)