Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sicko II

How are YOU spending "Family Day?" I'll be spending it with the seven million members of my own personal family: the bacteria that are currently running rampant through my body.

Yes, I know, I was sick only last month. Once again somebody has leaned directly into my face and shouted "I'm sick!" at me, therefore instantly passing on their infection. As much as I'd like to lay such people low with a swift backhand swipe, I'm afraid that doing so would just expose me to additional (and nastier) infections.

So far I've mostly just been lying under blankets to keep me and my family warm. Things haven't been so bad, but I notice now that one relative has just discovered my lungs. There goes the neighbourhood! You know what they say: you can't pick your family.

Having written this, I feel like I've just run a marathon.

No comments: