Thursday, October 04, 2007

I was ALMOST Elected Governor of Massachusetts!

Jon Whitney just told me that people in Massachusetts are driving around with a "Don't blame me, I voted for Muffy" bumper sticker on their cars.

Apparently I got 44% of the vote in last year's gubernatorial race...and I didn't even know the issues! I didn't attend a single debate, I didn't raise funds, and I need to look back-and-forth several times between open web browsers before I can figure out how to spell "Massachusetts."

I'm going to re-ignite my campaign right now, and I'll start by giving the people exactly what they want: a recording of Joan Davis singing -- you guessed it -- "Massachusetts." You'll love it! You'll love me! You'll even build me a Governor's mansion!

PS: I now consider Jon to be my personal campaign advisor, as he's already getting me up to speed with the American political process. He just taught me that it's not a "Governor's race" (as I posted yesterday) but is, in fact, a "gubernatorial race," which sounds like a joke but it isn't!

Next up: Fahrenheit-to-Celsius conversion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Context? I am confused!

Adam Thornton said...

Aha, maybe I should have provided a link to a news story. Last year, the man who lost the gubernatorial race was nicknamed "Muffy" (for reasons I haven't uncovered), so his voters printed up these bumper stickers, I guess to say "we warned you not to vote for Muffy's opponent."

If you look the phrase up on Google, you'll find more info.